Unknown fact: I love, love, love candy corn. I only ever run across it on Halloween so I look forward to this annual guilty pleasure of mine every October. This year we'll be at a friend's wedding over Halloween so I'll have to make a pit stop at their local CVS for a stash.
But for those of you who will be sticking close to home this year, this recipe for -- of all things -- a gluten-free trail mix for October 31st (actually) sounds awesome. Enjoy!
Gluten-free “Trash” Mix Recipe
- Candy corn
- Gluten-free pretzels
- Caramel popcorn [homemade or purchased] – my recipe coming soon!
- Banana chips
- Chocolate covered raisins
- Dried mango
- Dried pineapple
- Dried cherries
- Sour worm-shaped gummy candy
- Chocolate covered sunflower seeds [Trader Joes]
- Paper Bag(s) – fold sides down twice
- Leaves – from the yard or the flowers sitting on your table
- Ribbon, twine or yarn
Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and then divide amongst the paper bags. Tie ribbon/twine/yarn around the bag and add leaves for decoration.
(via With Style & Grace)